The top eCommerce platforms for small businesses
The age of digitalisation has revolutionized the way we shop and sell products. Today we are not just restricted to shopping from the brick and mortar stores in our neighborhood but also shop virtually. This has given rise to a number of eCommerce stores or virtual shopping sites where you get everything from groceries to books and all things in between. The growing consumer base coupled with the ease of online shopping make these a lucrative place to shop from as well as sell products and services.
The online shopping carts are easy to create and use and is also much more cost effective than any brick and mortar store. If you are looking to create eCommerce website, you can do it yourself with the many options available. Or you can also hire an eCommerce web development company to do it for you. However, before you go about setting up your website, you need to be sure that your virtual shopping store meets not only aligns with your business objectives and is appealing to your visitors.
The best eCommerce solutions for the DIY-entrepreneur
If your company is small or you are a solopreneur on a tight budget, then your best option is to build your e-store yourself. And to ease your work for you, there are a few solutions that can do the job for you even if you are not a developer. So here is a list of those solutions for the DIY-ers and anyone else out there looking to build their stores on their own.
- Squarespace: One of the most affordable, Squarespace makes it to the list for its ease of use. There are hundreds of layouts you can choose from and you can set up your site within a short time. You can upload any number of products to your online store as well as manage the inventory with ease. Though there aren’t many options for search engine optimization (SEO) but it is still is great platform to start your online business.
- Shopify: It is one of the very popular platforms. The best thing about Shopify is that it offers a feature of add-on apps. You can download these apps and install them on your store which extends the functionality of your store. Also, it is quite affordable. The only downside to using it maybe the fact that there are some things like the checkout page which you cannot often customize.
- BigCommerce: The BigCommerce software is very user-friendly with cloud based features. You can easily build a responsive virtual store without the need to know any code. It also gives you the ability to manage your inventory, checkouts, coupons, etc. And it also has add-on options some of which are free while others you have to pay for.
- Volusion: Volusion is also a content management system with cloud integration. The best thing about it is that features are built into the dashboard so there is no need for any add on from any app store. Also it has options like “Deals of the Day” MyRewards program as well as Amazon and eBay integration.
- Wix: Wix is also quite easy to use to drag and drop editor and ready-to-use templates. And you do not need to know about codes or learn about design to do this. You can integrate social media, third-party apps, etc to your store. This is one of the best options for small business owners.
These are however not the only options that you have. There are several others too. However, you are more interested in customizing your store then it is better to get it done from a reputed eCommerce web design company. Investing in an online shopping store has many benefits and therefore, you should definitely go for it.