Blockchain technology has been revolutionizing multiple industries around the world. Considering this, it is no surprise that the web development industry has begun to recognize the potential of implementing blockchain technology into the same. In fact, “how to use blockchain in the website” is one of the trending questions in the industry.
However, before plunging into the findings of whether or not blockchain technology is beneficial when implemented in web development and how to use blockchain in the website, let us first understand what does it mean to use blockchain technology in web development.
Why Use Blockchain Technology in Web Development?
Blockchain technology in web development uses blockchain protocols and algorithms to enhance the web experience of the output by making it safe, secured, decentralized, and more. It is the process of combining and implementing blockchain technology into the web development process to create a blockchain-enabled website that is not just efficient but is also secured, transparent, and immutable.
Advantages of Using Blockchain Technology in Web Development:
- Eliminates the dependence on a single server: While centralized servers of the traditional internet protocols can have complete access to the user’s information, the blockchain-enabled website uses blockchain protocols and algorithms to make it reliable and protected. Besides, by utilizing the network of computers called nodes to store information, the blockchain-enabled website further eliminates the dependency on a single server and eventual single point of error. That makes the blockchain-enabled website error-free and provides complete availability despite up-gradation or failure.
- Provides a safe environment: Since the website developed is based on blockchain protocols and algorithms, it is naturally safe and secured for the users. It ensures the transparency and immutability of the user’s data stored on the site and prevents data breaches, which is also one of the advantages of blockchain technology.
- Enables complete charge to users: Users of a blockchain-enabled website can readily access the data at any point in time because the data of a blockchain-enabled website is stored on the nodes and not on a centralized server from where the large corporation can access and use the user data of a site as per their individual benefit.
- Immutable records: The immutability feature of blockchain technology, when implemented in the web development processes, enables industrial sections such as financial and banking systems, healthcare, real estate, and more to ensure the security of the data updated on the system. No individual user can alter or delete updated information on a blockchain-enabled website without the consent of the other users, thus enhancing transparency and accountability of the data.
- Excludes intermediaries: Presently, while most websites depend on payment gateways such as Google, Facebook, and others, who act as intermediatory among the users, the blockchain-enabled website facilitates the transfer among peers solely when the protocols’ conditions are fulfilled.
Now, let’s unveil the central question of this blog viz, how to use blockchain in the website.
Ways of using Blockchain Technology in Web Development:
Harnessing the power of blockchain in any created website is viable for a front-end developer even without the knowledge of every aspect of the technology, such as blocks, transactions, asymmetric keypair, and more.
Before going forward with building a blockchain-operated web, the developer should install two dependencies, namely, Node.Js and Ethereum Node service, for running the website that we create and a connection to the blockchain sequentially. Besides, blockchain web development on Ethereum is more manageable when tried.
The creation of a blockchain-enabled website includes four key elements viz, Web App, API, Middleware, and database.
While Webapp is nothing but a generic web interface that any website developer is familiar with, one can access the API and install libraries from Node.Js. Similarly, smart contracts can serve the process of middleware in the process while the database is referred to as the data storage facility of the blockchain itself. Besides, building a blockchain-enabled website may further require the developer to acquire the knowledge of RIDE (Waves programming language).
Hence, these are everything that every developer should know about the blockchain-enabled website and their development process, says the in-house expert web developers at W.G.Technologies. While industries that can benefit from blockchain are unmistakably tending towards these emerging technological trends, other industries should also not lag behind from experimenting with the prospect and analyzing the results for themselves.
Are you looking for professionals to help you build the most innovative and highly efficient website for your firm that supports your business vision? Contact W.G.Technologies today!